[BHS etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin for 12/8/04

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Dec 7 21:59:53 PST 2004

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
Wednesday, December 8, 2004
Contact:  Belinda McDaniel  bmcdaniel at berkeley.k12.ca.us

Administration
1.    LATE START today:
7:45 - 9:30 am Staff Meeting

Period 1: 10:00 - 10:40 am
Period 2: 10:46 - 11:30 am
Lunch:    11:30 - 12:10 pm
Period 3: 12:16 - 12:56 pm
Period 4:  1:03 -  1:43  pm
Period 5:  1:49 -  2:29 pm
Period 6:  2:35 -  3:15 pm
Period 7:  3:21 -  4:01 pm

2.    Reminder- There will be a Minimum day this Wednesday, December 8th.
Students will come to school at 10:00 am.

3.    Attention all people planning to volunteer for the Holiday Meal on
Friday, December 10t, and Saturday 11th: there is a mandatory meeting
on Thursday, December 9 at lunch in G210.  All volunteers must attend.

4.    NEW or REPLACEMENT photo IDs will be at lunch on Wednesday and
Thursday Starting in January, it will also be possible to have picture IDs
taken on Wednesday before school from 8 to 8:25 a.m..

Clubs
1.    Close-Up:  Week-long study trip to Washington DC, the nations capital.
We meet Wednesday 12/8 at lunch time in C400.  It is not too late to sign
up.  Come with all your questions.  All students interested please attend
this meeting.

2.    Young Women of BHS: "Speak On It" meets every Thursday at lunch time
Conference Room A.  Come share your ideas, thoughts and frustrations. Light
lunch served.  Bring a friend.  See you there.  For more info call Shannon
Banks (644-6928).

3.    Please come to the Student Council meeting on Thursday, 12/9 in C400.
If any members have had any problems, please contact Lily Dorman-Colby at
665-7980.

4.    CAS Presents: Berkeley High Poetry Slam on Wednesday, December 15th.
Slam begins at 7:00 p.m. in G210.  $1 donation at the door will cover.  Sign
up to read, 6:30 pm.  Have two poems ready in case you make round 2.

5.    Hey!  It's Chanukah!  Come play dreidle with the JSU on Thursday!
We're having a meeting on Thursday at lunch in G212, Mr. Delp's room.
Stop by and say Shalom.

6.    Help the world!  Come to Building with Books Club in G212 at lunch
today.

7.    Quiz Bowl meeting in C316.  Please come to a meeting.  A great deal of
fun.  Meeting will be this Friday, December 10th.

8.    Come to the first meeting of the A Cappella club today at lunch in the
(Choral room -A5) in the A building.

9.    Are you interested in making your own needles?  Come to the Knitting
and Needlework Club on Tuesday, December 14th.  Note:  this is a Tuesday
which isnot our usual Monday meeting day.  See you then!

10.    Kids of BHS!  Please come to the first ever meeting of the most
exciting and entertaining club, the coolest club at Berkeley High!  The
World Affairs Challenge has our first meeting on Thursday, December 9th
after school until 4:15 p.m.   It will take place on March 15th at the San
Francisco State University.  Don't miss it!

Sports
1.    Fall athletes: Deadline to turn in equipment was Monday 12/6.  If your
equipment is lost and stolen, you will need to pay for it.  Turn it in to
the Athletic Director at lunch or after school in the athletic office.

Senior Section

1.    Senior reminder!  Please pick up your early graduation petition forms
from the Registrar's office or the Counseling Center.   Make sure they are
completely filled ou, by the counselor and your parent.  They are due
back at the Registrar's office by Friday, December 10.

2.    College Visits:
Friday, December 10
8:30 am-Prescott College (AZ)
This is an excellent school if you are looking for an alternative
college and love the outdoors.

Events/ Performance
1.  Don't be losers; come see the Berkeley High Band and Orchestra
perform!  Thursday, December 9th starting at 7:30 p.m. in the Community
Theater.  Admission is free so come and be intellectually titillated by
the music of Schubert and Persnickety.

2.    2005 Calendar only $5.00 :  The annual fundraising calendar sales for
the CAS video program at BHS continue this Saturday (Dec. 11) and SUNDAY
(Dec 12) from 1:00 to 3:00 pm, RAIN OR SHINE!  We are selling beautiful
2005 wall, engagement and page a-day calendars for only $5.00 each.  These
are the same calendars that are currently selling in stores for $12.00 to
$18.00.  They make GREAT GIFTS.  We have art, travel, children's, sports,
animal, spiritual, etc.  WHERE: 2310 Valley St. Berkeley.  This is 3
blocks west of Sacramento St. off Channing Way.  RAIN OR SHINE!  1:00 TO
3:00 only.

Sales
1.  Yearbooks are on sale for $60.00.  Go to H102 at lunch.