[BHS etree] EVENTS: Great Chances to Support Berkeley High

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sun Nov 28 08:04:25 PST 2004

CONTACT: Mark Coplan Mark_Coplan at berkeley.k12.ca.us

In addition to the "three things you can be sure of in life" (you're born,
pay taxes and you die) I can confidently add; if you go to a Berkeley
public (and in many cases private) school, you will eventually go to
Berkeley High School. As a parent I am glad to see that prospect getting
better every day. There are many opportunities for us to get an advanced
look into that great institution, and also to support the school and it's
students. These are just four such opportunities:

On Tuesday November 30, in the Donahue Gym, Berkeley High Women Basketball
will play St Patrick's/St Vincent's at 6:00 in the Donahue Gym.  At 8:00,
the Men will play Bishop O Dowd.  This will be the first ever "Foundation
Game."  Half the proceeds will go toward North Coast Section Athletic
Scholarships and half will go toward establishing a Berkeley High
Athletics Hall of Fame.

Thursday December 9th, The Berkeley High School Orchestra will present
their Fall Concert in the BHS Little Theater at 7:30pm

Friday December 17th, the Berkeley High School Jazz Lab Band will perform
in the BHS Little Theater at 7:30pm

The BHS Jazz Ensemble performed their Fall Concert on November 19, but it
will be broadcast on Berkeley Community Media, Channel 33 in the coming
weeks. I will distribute the schedule as soon as I get it from BCM.
According to Director Charles Hamilton, this two time Monterey High School
Jazz Festival winner is even better this year. This is a performance that
you will not want to miss.

All of these events will be broadcast on BCM, and a schedule will be
distributed.

 Mark Coplan

Mark A. Coplan
Public Information Officer, BUSD