[BHS etree] BSEP: Measure B Needs Your Help!!

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Oct 12 21:07:12 PDT 2004

Measure B Needs Your Help!!contact: Susan Henderson
[mailto:susanrhenderson at earthlink.net]

We need your financial help, really!!

Fellow BHS Parent,

In September, the Berkeley High PTSA overwhelmingly voted to endorse Measure
B.  Hundreds of parents and teachers have given generously their time and
money to the campaign, and we’re extremely grateful.  But we need more money
to accomplish one huge task.

In the mail this week you’re likely to receive a letter from the Measure B
Campaign asking for a contribution.  Please take a moment to read our appeal
and return the reply envelope with a contribution.   We really need your
help.

We have spent hundreds of volunteer hours speaking at PTA and neighborhood
meetings; we’ve handed out information at all schools during Back to School
Night and our volunteers are informing Berkeley citizens at farmers’ markets
and grocery stores; we’ve marched in parades; we’re posting signs, walking
precincts and making phone calls to voters.

Our volunteers are motivated to make sure Measure B passes so our kids will
learn in classes with 28 students instead of 40.

But we have one major task in front of us that requires CASH.  We’re ready
to go with a citywide mailing to make sure EVERY voter knows to VOTE YES ON
MEASURE B.  A mailing to all voter households in Berkeley costs about
$15,000 (printing and mailing) and we don’t have the money.

PLEASE open the letter from the Measure B Campaign this week and send money
(I feel like a college student:  Mom, Dad, send money now!)

To those of you who have contributed already, THANK YOU!

Warm regards,
Susan Henderson
BHS Parent
Co-chair BSEP Planning & Oversight Committee