[BHS etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin for 9/29/04

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Sep 28 20:51:30 PDT 2004

Contact:  Belinda McDaniel  bmcdaniel at berkeley.k12.ca.us

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
September 29, 2004

Administration

1.    Wanted: Quitters!  If you want to quit tobacco before it becomes a
life-long addiction leading to disease and death then join the KICK-IT
class.  The class starts Tuesday, October 5th during 1st period in the
admin office, room B.  6 weeks/6sessions - rotating class periods.  Get a
pass from class and just show up.  Snacks provided.  Questions?  Call
Tricia at 644-8987.

2.    Work Experience: Juniors and Seniors must see Mrs. Horikoshi today at
lunch in C327 for work experience credit.

3.    PSAT sign ups continue through October 6th during lunch at the D
Building ticket windows on Allston Way. The fee is $22, cash only.  The
test will take place Saturday, October 16th.  For Juniors, this test can
qualify you for the National Merit Scholarship programs.

4.    STUDENT IDs: If you have not taken your ID picture or if you lost it
and need to replace it, they will return October 1st!  At lunch time in
the foyer of the Community Theater.  Please do not miss it!

Clubs
1.    Attention Women of BHS! "Speak on it!" will meet every Thursday at
lunch beginning October 7, 2004.  Please bring a friend and get ready to
engage in topics chosen by you for you.  All female students at BHS are
welcome.  Questions call- Shannon Banks at 644-6928.  See you on October
7th at lunch.

2.    Do you want to help lower the voting age, become politically active,
and meet lots of new friends?  Join the Progressive Club, Thursdays at
lunch in H208.  See ya there!

3.    Come to the French Club on Wednesdays at lunch in C102, where we will
learn about French Culture, watch French films and eat French foods.

4.    Come to first meeting of the Gay-Straight Alliance today at lunch in
H208.

5.    The Movie Club is back!  Come make movies on Wednesday in A203.  Come
check it out and eat free snacks.

6.    Please come to the initial planning meeting for Amnesty International
Club.  This meeting is for resuming members only.  We will meet in the BHS
library after school this Thursday.  Don't miss it.  Our first open
meeting will be early next week.

Sports

Senior Section

1.  Hey Seniors:  Senior Pages will be sold on Tuesdays and Thursdays in
H102 at lunch and everyday between 8:00 am and 8:30 a.m. in H102.  A single
page will be $200 and a double page spread will be $400.  Don't delay-- buy
your page today!  There's only a week left so bring your picture in today!

College visits:

WEDNESDAY, September 29
10:40 am    Wellesley (MA)
12:20 pm    UC Santa Barbara - meet in the library
2:20 pm     Princeton

THURSDAY, September 30
8:30 am       UC Riverside
1:00 pm       Cal Poly San Luis Obispo

FRIDAY, October 1
9:30 am       Reed
10:35 am      Seattle University
12:20 pm      Evergreen
1:20 pm       Wesleyan
2:20 pm       Colombia University

Seniors: bring your baby pictures to H102 during zero period.  We will be
collecting last names starting with:
         A- J  This Tuesday through September 28th.
         K-R   Monday, September 27th through Monday, October 4th
         S-Z   October 4 - October 11
Make sure to put your first and last name on the back of the picture and
in a self-addressed stamped envelope.  No late photos will be accepted.

4.  Attention Seniors: The last day to have your senior formals submitted
for the BHS yearbook is October 8th!  Contact ABC Harrell immediately to
schedule an appointment.

Events/ Performance
1.    Do you want to be in a movie?  Federation Films and Mr. J Winer of the
BHS Drama Department are holding auditions for a feature length motion
picture titled "K." Auditions start at 3:30 pm on Wednesday, September
29thin A205.  This is a topical film and is being made on a festival grant.
We also need extras.  We will shoot at Berkeley High.

Sales
1.    You may purchase PE uniforms in the GIRLS Gym:  Shorts $10, T-shirts
$10, Sweat shirts and sweatpants are $15.

2.    Come buy your yearbook every Tuesday and Thursday at lunch in H102 or
everyday between 8:00 and 8:30 am in H102.  This is the final week for $50
books.  Next week they will be $60, so buy your yearbook now!

Belinda McDaniel