[BHS etree] ADMIN: New sections creating schedule changes

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Fri Sep 24 16:19:52 PDT 2004

contact: jhuseby at pacbell.net

Dear BHS Families:
As some of you may know, the high school has been allocated additional staff
to reduce large class sizes caused by our unexpectedly high enrollment. (Our
enrollment is fluctuating around 2,900 students.)  We are adding 10 new
class sections and hiring additional staff.  Our counselors will be working
through the weekend to get student schedules adjusted.  They are trying to
minimize the impact and change only those schedules that are necessary to
reduce large classes.  Nonetheless, please be advised that your student may
receive a schedule change on Monday morning (September 27th).  Parent
volunteers will be delivering schedule changes on Monday.  These changes
will take immediate effect.  If your child does have his/her schedule
changed, he/she needs to attend the new classes.  While we recognize that
these schedule changes may create a temporary disruption, they will balance
classes more equitably and reduce overall class size.  We appreciate your
understanding and support.  If you have any questions, please contact Mark
Wolfe (mark_wolfe at berkeley.k12.ca.us) or Rory Bled
(rory_bled at berkeley.k12.ca.us).

If you would like to assist in the distribution of the revised student
schedules, please contact Janet Huseby at jhuseby at pacbell.net.  We need 9-12
volunteers at 8 a.m. in the counseling area of the Administration building
to sort schedules and then deliver them to students starting at 8:30 a.m.
when 1st period begins.  1-2 volunteers will be needed throughout the
morning to deliver schedules to students who do not have a 1st period or
were absent from a morning class.  Thanks!

Mark Wolfe, Assistant Principal