[BHS etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin for 9/21/04

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Sep 20 21:16:39 PDT 2004

Contact:  Belinda McDaniel  bmcdaniel at berkeley.k12.ca.us

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
September 21, 2004

Administration

1.    ASB Student Government meeting on Wednesday, September 22nd in C400.
All ASB officers must attend.

2.    Juniors and Sophomores: sign-ups for the October 16 PSAT will begin
Wednesday, September 22nd and continue through Wednesday, October 6th during
lunch at the D Building ticket windows on Alston Way,  The fee for the test
is $22.  Cash only.

3.    Attention all Senior Class Officers, only our meeting will be on
Tuesday 9/21/04.  Please attend to discuss organizations for Homecoming.

4.    Mr. Bissell is looking for proctors and TA's for periods 0-4.  If you
are interested come see me at G211.

Clubs
1.    Hey BHS students!  Do you want to lend a helping hand to the needy
kids in developing countries?  Are you interested in traveling to one of the
countries and help build a school?  Come to the BUILDING WITH BOOKS club
at lunchtime on Tuesdays in G212!  See ya there!

2.    Attention all Senior Leadership officers, please meet on Wednesday,
September 22nd in Conference Room B.

3.    Is your club looking for a great cause to support?  If so, making
Strides against Breast Cancer Walk-A-Thon is the answer.  Please see
Mrs. McKnight-Johnson today to sign up if your club for more information
and participation forms.

4.    Forensics:  first meeting in G215 this Thursday, September 23rd at
lunch.  Events include debate, dramatic interpretation, impromptu speaking,
all welcomed.

5.    We had a great first meeting of the Model United Nations Club last
Wednesday.  Everyone is welcome at the second, which will be Wednesday,
September 22 at lunch in C307 (Mr. Angel's room).  We will be discussing the
first conference that we are going to attend.

6.    Are you interested in foreign cultures?  Want to practice your
Spanish? Chinese? Thai?  Want to learn some new languages?  Want to meet
some of our new students?  Want to help teach some of our newcomer students
English?  Come to the Berkeley High Culture and Language Exchange Club.
Come find out about the club on Friday at lunch in Room C134.  See Mr.
Berkman.

Sports
1.    Register by September 28th for HS Girls Fall Ball, hosted by BOP
Lacrosse, on six Sunday afternoons October 3-Nov. 7 from 1:30-4: p.m. at
BHS and Bishop O'Dowd.  Don't miss out on the fun!  Registration packets
are available in the Athletic Director's office.

Senior Section

1. Upcoming College visits-sign up in the College Center
TODAY - SEPTEMBER 21
8:30 a.m.    Barnard College (NY)
9:30 a.m.    Sarah Lawrence (NY)
10:35 a.m.   Whitman (WA)
12:20 p.m.   Bates (ME)

2.  Seniors, bring your baby pictures to H102 during zero period.  We will
be collecting last names starting with :
         A-J   This Tuesday - September 28th.
         K-R   Monday, September 27th through - Monday, October 4th
         S-Z   October 4 - October 11
Make sure to put your first and last name on the back of the picture and
in a self-addressed stamped envelope.  No late photos will be accepted.

4.   Seniors!  Have you gotten your senior polls yet?  If not, they are
being distributed all this week at lunch on the senior steps.  We will be
collecting them at lunch Wednesday, Sept. 22nd through Friday, September
24th.  You must have your student ID with you to turn in your polls.

5.  The first Club Commissioners meeting will be on Thursday, September
23rd.  Club representatives must attend.  We will discuss ways in which
clubs can be involved in events and go over general information regarding
setting up accounts and fundraising.  See Mrs. McKnight-Johnson if you
have any questions.

6.  Interested in meeting new friends and going on fun fieldtrips?  If so,
the Best Buddies Club might be for you.  Best Buddies is a club that
enhances the lives of students with intellectual disabilities through
one-to-one friendships.  Come check it out at the informational meeting on
Thursday, September 23 in H106 at lunch.

7.  We're back!  Come to the SCIENCE FICTION CLUB on Fridays at lunch in
C224 to watch lots of great Sci-Fi movies!  This week we'll be showing Star
Trek: First Contact.

Events/ Performance
1.    Attention all Seniors and Juniors who want to participate in the Rally
Dance:   Seniors meet at lunch on Tuesday, September 21 in the Afro Haitian
Room.  Juniors meet for 1st practice on Monday, September 20th in the Afro
Haitian Room at lunch and after school from 3:15-:00 p.m.  The Junior
deadline to decide to be in the dance is Friday, September 23rd.

2.    Calling all Teckies!  If you are interested in working on Tech Crew
for Drama or Dance Productions, come to A203 at lunch on Friday.  Freshman
welcome!  No experience necessary.

Sales
1.    You may purchase PE uniforms in the GIRL'S GYM:
Shorts - $10
T-shirts - $10
Sweatsahirt and Sweatpanta - $15.

Belinda McDaniel