[BHS etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin for 9/13/04

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sun Sep 12 08:15:52 PDT 2004

Contact:  Belinda McDaniel  bmcdaniel at berkeley.k12.ca.us

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
September 13, 2004

Administration

1. Attention all freshmen: if you would like to run for an office in Student
Government, you can pick up an application from Ms. McKnight- Johnson in
D142 on Monday, September 13th.  They will be due on that Friday, September
17th.  The election will be on October 1st.

2. Wanted: Peer Educators.  Peer Relationship Abuse Prevention Program is
recruiting BHS students to be Peer Educators.  Earn money, gain experience,
looks great on college applications. Come share your voice on issues that
matter to you.  Information meeting  on Tuesday, 9/14/04 @3:15 p.m. in C308.
For more information, call Shannon at 644-6928.

3. Attention Ladies of BHS: "Speak on It" is back.  Every Thursday at lunch
come talk about issues which concern you:  relationships, stress, parents,
etc.  Lunch  is served, and bring a friend.  For more information contact
Shannon Banks at 644-6928

4. LOCKER: we are currently out of lockers.  We will distribute more lockers
next week.  Listen to the daily announcements for a time and place.

5. TEACHERS: please do not forget to send your NO SHOW papers to Ruby
Taylor.

Clubs
1. Opera Club is alive and well! Stop by to see Mr. Ayers in C327 if you
would like to go with Berkeley High students to see La Traviata by Verdi,
next Tuesday evening, September 14..  We have 10 tickets. First come, first
served.

2. Come to an informational meeting of the German Film Club this Tuesday at
lunch in C135.  Foreign culture and movies await you!

3.  Come to the first Condom Club meeting of the year today at lunch in
D219. If you are having sex --or thinking about it-- you should see the
Health Center for details regarding this issue.

4. Applications for Health Center Youth Advisors are available now.
Applications are due Thursday, September 16 at the Health Center.

5. Anyone interested in being a student representative for two new clubs
--The Game Club and the Cooking Club-- please contact me in D219.

6. Do you want to make new friends and have a great time?  If so, check out
Best Buddies at their informational meeting.  Best Buddies is a club that
enriches the lives of intellectually disabled students through one on one
friendship.  Learn more please come to H106 on Tuesday, September 14th at
lunch.

7. Hey everyone, do you want to lend a helping hand to the needy kids? Come
join the Building with Books club at lunchtime on Tuesdays in G212.  Our
first meeting will be held on 9/14/04.

8. Attention Key Clubbers and prospective members: 1st meeting at lunch in
G210, on Monday, September 13th.  Bring your enthusiasm, ideas, and spirit.
Come and meet your officers, hear about upcoming events, and sign up for
activities.

9. Are you interested in helping kids in need, especially those in foreign
countries?  We'll here's your chance!  Come meet new friends, discuss world
events, and participate in fundraisers and community service projects as
well the opportunity to visit one of the countries for free.  See Brandon
Delp in G212.

10. There will be a mandatory student Senate Meeting in H204 today at lunch.
Any Freshman or Sophomores interested need to be present in H204.

11. LaRaza and Chicano/ Latino are meeting on Wednesday at lunchtime.  Let's
start the year strong.

12. Thursday, September 16 is your last chance to turn in an application at
the Health Center to be a Peer Health Educator.  If you want to make a
difference in your community by keeping Berkeley’s teen birth rate low and
by helping reduce the spread of HIV, then apply now!

13. Come and find out all about drama and Theatre at BHS.  There's a lot
going on in our award winning department.  Bring your ideas and questions to
Mr. Winer's room - A203.

14. What do you think of the Health Center?  Do you have ideas about to make
the Health Center run better?  Become a part of the Youth Advisory Board and
have your ideas be heard!  Pick up an application at the Health Center and
return it by 9/16.

Sports
1. The strength and conditioning room is open for all BHS students Monday
through Thursday from 3:30 - 6:00 pm.  Come by and check it out.

3. All students interested in running Cross Country, please see Coach
Goodrich in G105 or go to practice at the track at 4:30 p.m.

Senior Section

1. Upcoming College visits (sign up in the College Center):
September 15, 12:20 pm     University of Puget Sound (WA)

2. Reminder: If you are applying to private colleges which need a counselor
recommendation, your senior profiles are due on September 10th if you are
applying Early Decision or Early Action and September 24th for regular
Decision.  You do NOT need to fill these out if you are applying only to the
UC's or Cal State Universities.

3. Senior Parent Night is Monday, September 20, 6:30 p.m. in the College
Career Center.

Events/ Performance

1. Beginning Breaking classes on Thursdays from 4:30 to 6 p.m. at Ashkenaz
at 1317 San Pablo Ave. (cross street Gilman) in Berkeley.

Sales
1. You may purchase PE uniforms in the Girls Gym.  Shorts $10, T-shirts $10,
Sweat shirts and sweatpants are $15.

Belinda McDaniel