[BHS etree] SPCEIAL EDUCATION: BSPED School Board Candidate Night September 28

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Fri Sep 10 11:05:09 PDT 2004

 Contact: Ann McDonald-Cacho / 510-525-9262 / Replies to: BSPED at mcads.com

BSPED School Board Candidate Night , Tuesday, September 28, 7-9   pm ,  Ala
Costa Center, 1300 Rose St. (at Cedar/Rose Park), Berkeley

The Berkeley Special Education Parents Network (BSPED) will host a night to
meet, learn from, and ask questions of school board candidates pertaining to
issues that particularly impact children with disabilities. Running for the
2004-8 term are: Karen Hemphill, Merrilie Mitchell, Joaquin Rivera, Kalima
Rose, and John Selawsky. Our thanks goes out to them for their participation
in this important event.

Also, a handful of BSPED "Questions to Candidates" has been forwarded to
candidates. We've invited candidates to respond to these questions, which we
will publish to our e-news, BSPED NEWS, before the November election. If you
would like to subscribe to the BSPED e-tree, or know someone who would
benefit, simply send a "subscribe" email to: BSPED at mcads.com

WHAT IS BSPED?
The Berkeley Special Education Parent Network believes that meaningful
educational benefit, appreciation of diverse abilities, and a clear
assurance of belonging to our educational community must be the experience
of every child. BSPED represents students with disabilities and their
families in the Berkeley Unified School District to ensure that: special
educational needs are met so that students may realize their potential; and
that students have access to opportunities provided to every student and
family in the school district. BSPED is a collaborative network of special
and general ed families, educators, administrators, Board directors and
community advocates.

We hope to see you 9/28! Drinks or snacks will be appreciated too!
Quote of the day: "Get involved in the political process as if your life
depends on it, because it does!" --Justin Dart, Jr.