[BHS etree] SPORTS: Berkeley Athletic Fund: Get involved Meeting - Monday, August 23, 2004

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Aug 17 23:57:03 PDT 2004

Berkeley Athletic Fund:  Get involved Meeting -
Monday, August 23, 2004, 7:30 pm,
at Athletic Director's Office at BHS*

This is the  meeting where we hope to set up our activity committees to get
a head start on the new year.

So those of you who have expressed interest in working  on various
committees (listed below) please do try to come to this mtg.  We'll break
down into committees for the following activities, and hope to find  a chair
or co-chairs for each committee.

1.  Celebrity Waiter luncheon and silent auction - our major annual
fundraiser

2.  Parking lot - great way for teams to make money

3.  Concession stands: BAF is interested in trying to make sure there is a
concession/snack stand at all sports events - currently some teams do it and
some teams don't.  We think this is a great new project for BAF to try and
coordinate.

4.  BAF Wearables - since MK Murlas is now serving as BAF Coordinator, we
need others  to take over the wearables job from her.  This involves
identifying events to sell at and organizing people to sell - both all
school events and individual team events.  Also ordering more as necessary.

5.  Website maintenance:  BAF will be shifting its website to an easier to
maintain provider, making it possible for a group of volunteers to work
together to make sure it is up to date and has all the information needed.
We have a website coordinator, just need some helpers.

In addition to this committee work, we need to fill two key volunteer
positions:

Secretary:  Attend BAF general meetings (usually no more than once a month)
and take minutes which can be distributed to the BAF email group.  If you
want to know what's going on, but can't participate in committee work, this
would be the job for you!!!

Member/E-tree Coordinator:  Although BAF will not charge for membership for
the time being, we will be trying to get parents to sign up as "members" by
filling out an application form which gives us their contact information and
indicates their volunteer preference.  We are looking for someone  to set up
and maintain a database of this information and an email tree based on it.
This is a perfect job for someone who is computer literate, can't come to
meetings or participate in committee work, but would be willing to help out
BAF in a big way!  Mary Kay and Ellen Brotsky would work with you to figure
out the easiest way to set up an e-tree and a database.

Leadership Transition for the Berkeley Athletic Fund

MK Murlas is taking over from Ellen Brotsky as BAF Coordinator immediately.
Please note MK's contact info for your reference:

Mary Kay Murlas
845-8257
mkmurlas at sbcglobal.net

Ellen Brotsky  will be taking over from Jim McSweeney as treasurer on a day
to day basis, but Jim will still be using his great financial skills on a
consultant basis.  This change will not take place until September 1st.

Ellen's contact info is:

Ellen Brotsky
526-2390
willsky at earthlink.net

*The Athletic Director's office is located in the old attendence/ticket
office, next to the Donahue gym.  Enter through gate at Milvia.