[BHS etree] BULLETIN: Wednesday, 6/9/04

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Jun 8 21:47:28 PDT 2004

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
Wednesday, June 9, 2004
Contact:  Belinda McDaniel  bmcdaniel at berkeley.k12.ca.us

Administration
1.    Finals schedule as follows:

Wednesday, June 9th
Period 3:  8:30am to 10:40am
Break:  10:40am to 10:55am
Period 4:  10:55am to 1:00pm

Thursday, June 10th
Period 5:  8:30am to 10:40am
Break:  10:40am to 10:55am
Period 6:  10:55am to 1:00pm

Friday, June 11th
Finals make-up and Conferences

Period 0 and 7 finals will be at the teacher's discretion.

2.    As you may be aware, I give Spanish oral final exams to my Spanish IV
classes.  Due to the number of students needing the exam, I use my Native
Spanish Speakers class to administer exams.  Can you allow my students to
come to my class after they finish their exams periods 1, 4, and 6.

3.    Graduation rehearsals will take place at 2:00 pm on Thursday, June
10th in the Community Theatre and at 9:30 am on Friday, June 11th at the
Greek Theatre.  All seniors who plan to be at graduation MUST be present at
BOTH rehearsals.

4.    Graduation tickets: All seats will be general admission.  Each
graduate will be given four tickets that can be picked up in the Student
Body Accounts office.  Students are able to purchase up to six additional
tickets at $5 each for a total of 10.  Tickets are only sold to graduating
students and their families.  Students who wish to purchase additional
tickets can began purchasing them at $5 each on Thursday, June 10th.
First come, first serve basis.

5.    Graduation: Disabled seating is limited and students with family
members or friends who require disabled seating should make arrangements
in advance with Ms. McKnight-Johnson.

6.    The Student Learning Center will be open until 5:30 pm today and
tomorrow.  Please stop by if you need to.

7.    Attention all volunteers: The Freshmen Orientation will occur in late
August and volunteers are needed to give tours.   This is an opportunity
to earn CSF credit.  Sign up with Ms. McKnight-Johnson.

8.    This summer test your endurance, will and creativity with "A Hard Days
Knight," a two week leadership program set in the majestic forests of the
Northern California coast.  This medieval themed training program was
started by a BHS graduate.  Students will learn about history, nature,
social issues and self sustainability, amongst other things.  For more
info call 510-823-5072.

9.    Juniors: Pick up the "Junior Summer To Do List" in the College/Career
Center before the end of school.  It contains helpful hints and useful web
sites so that you can work on college applications and deciding where to
apply over the summer.  If you are planning to apply to any private
colleges, also pick up the Senior Profile so that you can complete it over
the summer.  The Senior Profile is not needed if you are only applying to
UC’s, Cal States or Community Colleges.

Clubs
None

Sports
1.    Direction flyer for Badminton BBQ available for paid participants in
D219 during 3rd period final, and after school.  Last day for payment.

Senior Section
1.    GRADUATION DAY- On Friday, June 11th, seniors report promptly to the
Greek Theatre at 4:00 p.m. to line up for graduation.  There will be
considerable traffic congestion before graduation, so it is recommended
that students allow themselves an extra margin of time.

-Caps and gowns must be worn at graduation.

-Shuttle buses to the Greek Theatre will be available from Berkeley High
School's Milvia Street entrance beginning at 3:30 pm on Friday, June 11th.
Buses will return to BHS following the ceremony.

-Parking-there are no designated parking for families and friends.

-Gifts and flowers should not be given to students at the Greek Theatre
due to lack of security.

Events/ Performance
None

Sales
1.    Students the Parent Center needs to sell 20 AC Transit Bus Passes by
June 9.  If you need tickets come at lunchtime to purchase.  The passes
can be used for the summer and are 31 day passes for $15.00 each.