[BHS etree] EVENTS: BHS on CBS National News This Weekend

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Fri May 21 17:07:37 PDT 2004

contact:  Mark Coplan [mailto:Mark_Coplan at berkeley.k12.ca.us]

Berkeley High on CBS National News This Weekend
A CBS National News crew were in town on Thursday, and wanted to speak to
students about the movement to bring the voting age down to 14.  I took
them to Steve Teel’s classroom where Congress was in session.

A Berkeley High student originally took the idea to Sacramento because he
thought that too many issues concerning youth were decided without their
input.  (Note: He is one of the four candidates who ran for Student Board
Member in the BHS elections this week.)  Watch for him in the CBS report
this Sunday night, May 23 at 5pm on channel 5.

Like most of the media who visit Berkeley High, they were very impressed
with the student’s responses, and I think that you will be too.

Mark A. Coplan
Public Information Officer, BUSD
510-644-6320
Mark_Coplan at berkeley.k12.ca.us