[BHS etree] SPORTS: Berkeley Athletic Fund Meeting, June 2nd, 7:00 pm

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue May 18 10:55:57 PDT 2004

Contact: Ellen Brotsky, willsky at earthlink.net, 526-2390 or Mary Kay
Murlas, murlas at sbcglobal.net, 845-8257

Berkeley Athletic Fund End of Year General Membership Meeting,
Wednesday, June 2nd, 7:00 pm - Plan to attend!
Location:  BHS Athletic Director's Office (next to Donahue Gym --
campus entrance at Milvia and Bancroft)

The school year is rapidly coming to a close. The Berkeley Athletic
Fund (BAF) will be holding one last general membership meeting on
Wednesday, June 2nd, at 7:30 pm. We checked the school event calendar
and chose this date in hopes of avoiding conflicts with other end of
school activities taking place. BAF is the parent/community support
group for Berkeley High's large and successful athletic program.

The meeting will be held at the Athletic Director's office, newly moved
to the BOC building. The BOC building is next to the Donahue gym, and
used to be the attendance office. It is also where tickets are sold to
sports events.

In spite of the general budget crisis facing public education, this has
been a good year for the Berkeley  High School athletic program and for
the Berkeley Athletic Fund.

  We have benefited from excellent leadership provided by Kristin
Glenchur, our new Athletic Director. Long time members have joined with
new members to carry out many successful activities - a fall
fund-raising letter, the most successful celebrity waiter luncheon yet,
new parking lot revenues, a strong BAF presence at the ribbon-cutting
ceremony and Solano stroll.

But we can't rest on our laurels - in fact we need to be prepared to
raise more funds and provide more support in the coming year(s) since
public education continues to face hard times financially, which is
bound to have an impact on the athletic program.

So please plan to attend this meeting and find out how you can help BAF
in the coming year. This will also be a good meeting for parents of
incoming 8th graders to attend - we will have information about how
their child gets involved with the athletic program. If you know
parents of incoming 8th graders, please invite them to the meeting.