[BHS etree] PTSA: Important Meeting Tuesday 5/18

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon May 17 14:04:00 PDT 2004

contact: Barbara Coleman colemanbarbara at comcast.net or Marilyn Boucher
m_boucher at comcast.net

Tomorrow night, Tues. 5/18, from 7--8:30 p .m. in the Student Union/Food
Court portion of the new building, the final PTSA meeting of the year will
be held. If you know parents of next year's freshman class, please let them
know they are invited. We will have a section of the meeting called "Parents
ask Parents" when they will have an opportunity to throw out questions about
BHS for parents of current students to answer. The PTSA board for next year
will be elected. We also hope to have representatives from both of the
potential small schools ( the Visual and Performing Arts School and the
School of Social Justice and Ecology-SSJE) attempting to organize for
2005/2006.

BHS parents will probably be asked to campaign for and vote on a new BSEP
measure (or more likely a "bridge" measure) next Nov. Find out where things
stand and what a "bridge" measure might look like. Finally, there will be
dessert, time to celebrate the end of an exciting year at BHS and to network
with other BHS parents, present and future. We hope to see you there.