[BHS etree] MISC: College Essay Book seeking seniors

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Apr 28 11:35:17 PDT 2004

Contact: Janet Huseby jhuseby at pacbell.net

Calling all seniors:
Most of you have heard from colleges and have settled on a destination,
Congratulations! NOW is a good time to give back to your high school by
submitting your college essay for the collection of  “Personal Essays from
Berkeley High School Students.”

I am working with Ilene Abrams, College Advisor on this project. The book
will not be an instructional book (here are examples of good essays, etc.)
but a picture of our developing society from the perspective of a wide
spectrum  of 17 to 18-year-olds—-Berkeley High seniors.   I am envisioning a
book of 50 to 75 essays with a short biographical piece on each author and
an introduction to Berkeley High and “essay reading.”

Any profits from the endeavor will go to a scholarship fund to be
administered by the College Advisor’s office to help future BHS students pay
for the college application process or first year expenses.

I am asking this year’s Berkeley’s seniors to please submit their college
essays for consideration for publication.  I am also looking for alumni
essays.  The essays could run attributed or anonymously.  Essays can be
emailed to me at jhuseby at pacbell.net or delivered in hard copy to Mrs.
Harris or Ms Abrams at the College Advisor’s Office If you have any
questions, please feel free to call me, Janet Huseby, at (510) 527-1130.